Have an idea for an event?
Kibbitznest encourages your involvement.
When proposing an event, please keep in mind that kibbitznest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that must be able to cover a portion of the expenses incurred by enacting your proposal through your participation and your guests' in monetary donations, the purchase of refreshments, rental fees and/ or program fees generated by your event. It does not provide services to the event organizers or organizations without these considerations.
If you are proposing a live music event or similar entertainment centered event typically for a Friday or Saturday night, please go to www.kibbitznest.com and send an email to email@example.com.
Kibbitznest uses the theoretical nature of a liberal arts education in its programming as a catalytic tool to balance face-to-face and electronic communication media. Lectures, presentations, performances, discussions, etc., should be interactive and participatory to build memory and deepen comprehension within the context of the academic studies listed below. Our events encourage the appreciation of the foundation for ALL professions (inclusive of the tech industry)—flexibility, creativity, reasoning, critical thinking, and strong verbal and written communication skills—all found in the core of a liberal arts education. This education includes the studies of the:
Humanities—including art history, literature, linguistics, philosophy, religion, ethics, music history, art and art appreciation, and theater
Social Sciences—including history, psychology, law, sociology, gender studies, anthropology, economics, and geography
Natural Sciences—including astronomy, biology, chemistry, physics, botany, archaeology, zoology, geology, and earth sciences.
Formal Sciences—including mathematics, logic, and statistics
In your written proposal, please include the following:
1. Topic and how it fits kibbitznest’s mission and vision
2. Event format (lecture, panel discussion, on-stage interview, educational workshops, multimedia presentation, etc.)
3. Which day(s) of the week and time (s) would be best for your event?
4. Bio of the proposed speakers and info about previous presentations on this topic
5. Details of any books or other items you would like us to feature & sell during event
6. How you will promote the event? Do you have a marketing budget?
7. How many people will your event attract? Do you have a following of supporters and patrons?
8. What do you expect kibbitznest's role and responsibilities to be in the production and management of the event ... and yours?
9. What are the fees, ticket prices, or other compensation and financial considerations associated with hosting your event?
10. Are you prepared to pay a rental fee for the space or how will kibbitznest be compensated for the use of their space?
11. Any previous relationship with kibbitznest, or any other community member?
12. Your agreement to have the event recorded for future use
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION, i.e., EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE, MAILING ADDRESS
Please send your proposal for review, along with your contact information, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Advisory Council
Our advisory council acts as a core resource group to provide opinions, guidance, and advice to the board and staff as needed in identifying programming ideas for topics and speakers. The council consists of individuals with a pool of expertise in the liberal arts and diversity of viewpoints together with a genuine concern for preserving quality human communication.
Current members include:
ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR,
THE WASHINGTON POST (RETIRED)
CURATOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY,
ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO
HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF URBAN PLANNING & POLICY,
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, CHICAGO
Annie & Lewis Kostiner
ARTIST & PROFESSOR OF ART,
COLUMBIA COLLEGE CHICAGO
PHOTOGRAPHER & PHOTOGRAPHY HISTORIAN, SCHOOL OF THE ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO (RETIRED)
OWNER, CATHERINE EDELMAN GALLERY
Michael J. Lutch
ARTIST, MICHAEL J. LUTCH STUDIO,